Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sugared Popcorn and Easter cards

For our family, I make a card from Baby B each holiday. For easter this is what I did.


I used craft paint and made thumb prints on a piece of paper and made them into bunnies after they dried. (Trying to get thumb prints from a 9 month old is near impossible!) For the writing on the card, I used my Silhouette and used the Sketch Pens. It was so fun! The ears I just found at the dollar store. To go with it I decided to make some popcorn that in springy colors. I had a fun recipe for Sugared Popcorn in one of my recipe books and decided to try it out.

Sugared popcorn
1 stick butter (real butter)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
food coloring
1 tsp flavoring (I did 1 tsp and it had tons of flavor, so if you dont want a lot then try less and taste to see if you want more.)

Bring all of the ingredients to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2 minutes. Remove and pour over popcorn. I used my air popper and did a cup of popcorn.(A cup before popped) If you are popping bags I think 2-3 would be about the right amount. Coat all of the popcorn and let cool. (I put my popcorn in a big bowl and coated it in there and then poured it on a cookie sheet to let it cool faster) This is a really quick and easy recipe!


I did pink and flavored it raspberry cheesecake and turquoise and flavored it tutti frutti. I think they turned out fun!


I think were about set for Easter now! off to get working on the bunny veggie tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment