Monday, May 23, 2011

Inventory Sheet and Food Storage

Hello! After we moved I felt like our stockpile/food storage was a huge mess and I finally have it organized somewhat and the inventory sheet updated. (Expect for my Walgreens trip today...)

I started with a blank inventory sheet that I made. It had mostly non-food items on it. (If you would like me to e-mail it to you so you can just go in and add or delete a few things, let me know and I would be happy to e-mail it to you! :) )


Here it is after it is filled in...


These are some of the pictures of our stockpile/food storage. I love to shop sales with coupons so I don't have to pay full price for things. I also think it is important to have a storage because you never know what could happen and if you would be able to get to the store to get things. For the town I live in, if some major event happen and everyone ran to the store, our stores would only provide enough of everything for each person to have enough for a day and a half. That is scary to me! I like having a storage and knowing I'm prepared. Also, I write on the inventory sheet with pencil so I can update the sheet as numbers change. You could also put in a frame and use dry erase markers...







Baby B likes this part of the storage the best! :)



(Bottles of peaches, green beans and tomatoes that I bottled last fall)

There it is! I hope this has helped others get an idea on where to start on organizing food storage and knowing what you have.

Have a great Monday! :) Were off to play in the sunshine since its not raining for the first day in a week or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment